Sunday, July 06, 2014

A Country Wedding Cake

Unfortunately, since starting a new job in February I don't find nearly enough time for baking anymore as I would like too. But when my brother and (then still prospective) sister-in-law asked me whether I wanted to make their wedding cake I was more than happy to get my baking utensils out!

I had two weeks of annual leave and made my way from the cold Melbourne winter to the (not so warm) German summer. I arrived a week before the wedding and got baking pretty much straight away.

We had the house full of family and the wedding party, so I couldn't really block the kitchen for days. I thought the best approach would be to bake the cakes in batches, freeze them and then get them out the day before, fill them and cool the whole cake. This worked well as it broke up the process and I wasn't in anyone's way for more than an hour at a time.





I used this recipe for a lemon cake but also added some lemon curd to the icing to make it even more lemony.
To decorate the cake I used fresh berries and roses from my parents garden. The cake must've tasted nice as it was all gone when I went to get a slice... 



M & F, thank you to you two for letting me be part of your big day and trusting me with this, I'm super happy for you and so glad to have you as a "new sister" in the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment